Click the ladybug to go to our website.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How Many People Are In Your Family?


We have been reading and learning about families this week. The children have used cubes to count family members, drawn pictures of their families, written little books about a fun time that they had with their families, and paint stamped the males and females in their families. This graph easily shows the children that some of them have very small families and others have very large families; some have more boys in their families, some have more girls. Read and using graphs help the children make comparisons between similar groups.

2 comments:

  1. hi there!! my name is megan and I teach pre kinder in austin texas!!! We are also discussing families in our classroom. I wanted to comment on your family graph and let you know what a great idea that was!! My students will love this. Happy teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Megan. I am glad that you are following my blog.

    ReplyDelete